Friday, April 10, 2009

Saving by buying Generic

In this house where money is not a surplus by any means we buy a lot of items that are generic if we don't make it from scratch. I remember growing up and my parents being pretty brand loyal about a few items. Here at this house we only seem to be brand loyal on our mustard. And for mustard we only buy French's but usually I can find coupons for this item. YEAH!

I used to be a big soda drinker or I should say a big Pepsi drinker so very much brand loyal but since giving up soda basically altogether I guess I would say no worries here about being brand loyal any longer. If I do drink it I will say my preference is definitely Pepsi!

I find generic over the counter medications a great savings. Seriously I save tons on what I do purchase.

Pantry staples again pretty much generic and so far we are surviving so why not think about giving generic brands a try??

2 comments:

  1. We go generic for many things too. It really makes for big savings, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here...grew up brand loyal and am/have changed my ways

    ReplyDelete